Wednesday, January 13, 2010

HOW PROUD CAN ONE DAD BE?

Every once and awhile I get a glimpse of what God is doing with my kids, and it literally takes my breath away. Let me say up front, I realize that none of my kids are perfect, and they certainly don't have perfect parents.
All three love the Lord Jesus and serve Him from their heart. They intensely love Him and have a keen sense of His presence and purpose for their lives. All three have graduated with a Bachelor's degree and two of the three are working on a Master's while the third is exploring schools to obtain her Doctorate. Jessica is in Monroe, LA working on an MA in Marriage and Family Therapy. Tricia is teaching Math in an inner-city Dallas middle school. She also coaches 7th grade girls' basketball. David is working with the Park Plaza church in college ministry. He speaks this weekend in Arlington, TX at WinterFest.
On top of all these things, they love to tell others the good news of Jesus and try to help others grow spiritually. They are active with church families and love the kingdom of God.
My heart sometimes feels like it will explode with pride and excitement for all I see that God has been doing in their lives.
3 John 4 Nothing gives me greater joy than to hear that my children are following the way of truth.
The Everyday Bible : New Century Version. 2005 (3 Jn 4). Nashville, TN.: Thomas Nelson, Inc.

No comments: