Sunday, March 28, 2010

TULSA WORKSHOP - 2010

I am sitting in a coffee shop in Tulsa, OK Sunday afternoon after a good time at the Tulsa Workshop. I appreciate the tremendous work Jason Thornton and Shane Coffman did to put it together and make sure it all ran smoothly. Very encouraging sessions especially from Patrick Mead. And a great worship session led by Kyler Erwin.

Though the workshop classes and keynotes were good, what made this one great for me was staying with my son in his new house with Jessica and Tricia coming up from Louisiana and Texas together with my nephew and niece (Matt and Brittany) coming up from Norman. What a great blessing and experience with a full heart that nearly burst with love and thanksgiving.

The personal challenge to me from this year's workshop is to trust God; I mean really trust Him to work through me and beyond me! I have for way to long depended on flesh-based strategies and resources to accomplish God-sized tasks. I believe that the Spirit is leading me to trust Him far more than in the past -- I can't wait to see how He will be working this next year as I learn to "depend more on Him than myself." (2 Cor 1:8-11) I truly believe that one man on fire for Jesus can reach an entire valley of around 1/2 million people. How much more with an entire church of over 100!

No comments: