Monday, June 15, 2009

I love our shepherds. These men, Ted, Stan, and John, are godly and wise. They are not perfect but they are gold.
They take very seriously the charge Jesus has given them to feed, protect, and grow the flock of God which He purchased with His own blood (Acts 20:28). They genuinely care for people and they are willing to do what it takes care for their sheep.
I have had opportunity to work with elders in several of the churches I have served. I have seen good and bad, mature and weak, prayerful and self-determining. There are a few who have really shone as great beacons of encouragement to me and many others as well. There are some who seemed to me to be little men with little agendas trying to walk in big shoes! Good business men, shallow leaders. (I realize how judgmental this sounds, and I guess it is. I take seriously the good fruit is evidence of good tree and bad fruit is evidence of bad tree criteria.)
God has strategically placed these shepherds and me together for exactly this time in this place for this work. I don't know when I have felt as "in the will of God" as I have since we moved to Boise.
I felt this way some everywhere we have lived for the most part. But never to the degree I do here. Right now, I feel like EVERYTHING that has happened in our life to this point has been in preparation for what we are doing now. And that is such a great feeling!

No comments: