Monday, February 4, 2008

Forgive me if I sound like I'm bragging!

I really mean that. I don't mean to brag - I just want to express my deep feelings of thanksgiving and love for my kids. God has blessed me and Jan with three of the most superest kids in the world. I know some may take exception to that statement - but is true nonetheless.
Jessica has such a keen perceptive mind and servant heart. I am challenged by her willingness to get her hands dirty in service to others. She works with some mentally and socially challenged folks (I can hear some of you saying "Well, that goes without saying; look at her dad!" Cut it out.) She is consistently and constantly looking for ways to share her faith in Jesus. She is in communion with the God of heaven regularly throughout the day.
Tricia is presently pouring herself into the lives of teens in a last chance high school. She deals daily with pressures and stresses from kids she knows are gang members, doing and dealing with drugs, involved in illicit sexual relationships, and with a bunch of good-hearted kids in messed up situations. She has taken this head on and gains strength each day by praying for each kid by name - and lets many of them know about it ("Miss, do you really pray for me?")
David is involved in reaching out to some of the Japanese students at OC. He is taking a pretty serious load of classes this year, preaching every opportunity he gets, and is scheduled this year to speak on the program in Tulsa's International Soul-Winning Workshop - twice! See http://www.tulsaisww.com/ schedule Friday and Saturday afternoons.
My heart feels like it is going to burst sometimes. I just can't contain the immense feelings of love, respect, humility, thanksgiving, honor, privilege, expectation, joy, and yes, pride! I am extremely proud of my kids. I know that they are not perfect. But they're God's!

"NO GREATER JOY!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay us kids!

Jennspiration said...

We love your kids too! They are geat!