Monday, March 21, 2011

TULSA TIME

It is that time of year again - the Tulsa Workshop (http://tulsaworkshop.org) and I am heading there Tuesday. God has been good to allow me to go Tuesday to Tuesday this year. Even better is to have two of my kids there - and one of them gracious enough to put me up for my time there. Not that Jess isn't gracious to do that; she would if it were possible --- but with a house full of female housemates, it just isn't practical.
This year I have been asked to lead two classes - both concerning evangelism. One on anchor points of evangelism and the other on how to stay on fire for sharing the good news! I am pretty stoked about this opportunity because of the 35 years of the workshop's existence, I have attended 33 of them. This one event has been one of the greatest things God has used to shape, motivate, and grow me into the man I am today. It is at the workshop I fully committed myself to do whatever it takes to help others come to Jesus, grow in Jesus, and send them out for/with Jesus to reach others. It is at this workshop that God healed a lot of my brokenness and broke some of my arrogance. It is at this workshop God trained and focused a lot of my kids' desire and abilities to share Jesus with others. It is at this workshop that 1,000s and 1,000s have been challenged and changed. It is at this workshop relationships have formed and reunions with friends have occurred. I thank God for the Tulsa Workshop.

No comments: