Wednesday, January 2, 2008

West Virginia Bound!

I am pretty psyched right now. It's 10:40 pm Wednesday, and I leave in 9 hours for West Virginia to spend time with my family. I have mixed emotions anymore about "going home". It's not quite the same since Gramps died. I find the older I get the more I miss him. Can't imagine what it is like for Grandma after almost 70 years of marriage. I wish I had had the wherewithal to have understood just what I had when he was alive. I would dropped the bucket deeper and drunk more often from the cool waters of his well of wisdom. I never truly appreciated the wealth of information, spiritual depth/insight/maturity, life skills, understanding, and humor he had. I know he was proud of me. I believe I might have grown light years ahead of where I am if only I knew the gift God had given me in my Grandpa earlier in my life.
I can't wait to spend time with Grandma. At 98 years she still consistently beats her daughters more often than not in Scrabble. She beats me too - sometimes pretty soundly - and I love it! Then after she has finished taking me to the woodshed, a twinkle comes to her eye, she smiles and asks, "Want to play again?" I plan to go to the wisdom well with her often on this visit.
I love my mom and pop. Can't wait to see my brother, sister-in-law, nieces, and sister! I anticipate games, eating, laughter, eating, more games and more laughter. We will have some wonderful discussions and I will visit the wisdom well with Mom and Pop often as well.
The final thing I am looking forward to is the church family at Park Ave. They usually have me do something when I come in -- this time I lead singing, team teach a class, and preach in the evening. This group is especially meaningful to me for the love, encouragement, prayers, and support they gave us the 7 years we lived in Logan, UT. I love giving them my best.
One more final thing! I am looking forward to discussing West Virginia's awesome win tonite again Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. We will debate whether WVU is really the number one team in the nation and what would have happened had they met with MIZZOU (the nation's number two team) on the field for the championship. Really there will be no "debate" -- just reasons added to reasons why it is the fact of the matter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun in W.V. what about life lately?